WE TELL YOU WHY BOOK WITH US IS THE BEST CHOICE
Best Price Guaranteed | Flexible cancellation policy | No cost per procedure of the reservation
The old convent
Convent of Augustinian Recollect Sisters sXVII
The noble walls of Hotel Don Paco, his baroque entranceway of solemn beauty, its spacious main hall chapel, now dining room, with its high, slender arches, have passed through many vicissitudes since its construction as in 1660, to the present day . The monastery was built by the architect Ignacio de Cajigal Spaniard who had done some years before the Santa Barbara Chapel of the Cathedral of Oviedo, commissioned by Bishop Caballero de Paredes. This work is considered the first purely Baroque Asturias.
The Convent of Llanes was still unfinished in 1666 death date of the artist but is clear – it retains abundant documentation of plans, contracts and payments-his authorship.
If these walls speak, they would first talk of Faith and commitment of its founder the Reverend Mother Mary of Santo Tomé,who had a very exemplary and marvelous life, so says his printed biography,they would complain bitterly about the occupation of the French , Guillot Commander that, under the orders of General Bonet, installed in February 1810 the headquarters of the invaders in the building, making flee the enclosed nuns to the Ardisana´s Valley; they would cry the expulsion of the sisters by the laws of disentailment on November 13 of 1,868, and they would laugh at the antics and misadventures of so many students that passed through the classrooms of the School of the Incarnation from 1,873.
Because in his eventful life this ancient and noble building was convent, barracks and college, to be finally a comfortable hotel, which in our day, provides its history to all travelers.